Ground Test Capability
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group has more than 30 years’ experience of ground testing – from multi-channel full scale testing to single component testing.
Our testing services are ideal whether you are involved in development, verification or certification. We can help you develop test and certification programmes – including liaison with airworthiness authorities.
We’re accredited to UKAS ISO 17025 for mechanical, environmental and corrosion testing, ISO 9001 and AS 9100. So when you deal with us you can be confident you’ll receive a professional service.
Customised test solutions
Whatever type of testing you need – from design and manufacture to analysis and reporting – we have the skills and capacity to help.
Our main test capabilities include:
- Test definition and management
- Test rig design and manufacture
- Instrumentation definition and application
- Component and full scale structural testing
- Environmental and corrosion testing
- OLM (Operational Loads Measurement) and calibration of live aircraft
- Development support with component and material testing
- Equipment proof testing
- Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group's NDT (Non Destructive Testing) support
Our test team works from our purpose-built 21,000 sq ft hangar, which includes over 5,000 sq ft of reinforced hard floor. This gives us the capacity to test full scale wings and fuselages.
Our ground test facility has an extensive equipment range, including:
- 100kN Universal single axis test frames and 500kN static test frame
- Multiple structural testing rigs
- A range of multi channel servo hydraulic closed loop control systems
- Environmental chambers capable of temperature ranges from –70°C to +180°C and humidity ranges from 10% to 98% RH
- 2000Ltr Corrosion chamber capable of salt spray and sulphur dioxide corrosion testing
- Extensive collection of transducers − pressure, temperature, vibration, flow and displacement
- A range of multi channel data acquisition systems approved for ground and flight test applications
For a general or specific discussion about ground testing, call 01223 373737 or email David.Wichard@Marshalladg.com